for the last 5 or 6 years, i’ve avoiding going to the dentist, like it were a chinese prison camp or something. it may have something to do with this horror movie i saw:
actually, for the record, i never did watch that film, but it had been a new year’s resolution to get caught up in the tooth department for a couple years running now. finally a few weeks ago i decided to man up and ‘get er done’, and a truth that applies to much of life and ministry was made abundantly clear to me as i sat in that chair:
problems don’t just go away on their own.
after the initial cleaning and doctor exam, i was given a somewhat hefty rap sheet of all that needs to happen, and i’ve wasted no time starting the process. just the other day i had 2 wisdom teeth yanked, and in a couple weeks will start the first filling of i think around 6 cavities.
no, problems don’t just go away.
- loud exhaust systems on your car
- a leaky faucet in your home
- relationship issues within your family
- poor budgeting & spending habits
- team dysfunctions within an organization
- gossip and venomous speech (more prevalent in churches than we’d like to admit)
- a disgruntled parent or church member with influence
- and the list goes on…
what areas of your life and ministry do you need to deal with?